Tuesday, August 5, 2014

DIY Classroom Decor using Washi Tape!


CLASSROOM DIY PROJECT 

Washi Tape


So I just discovered washi tape.  I know, how did I go so long??  My last trip to Michaels ended in me purchasing a bundle of different prints of washi tape, mostly some version of chevron. I decided I would use these prints as the start of some type of theme in my room.  

The first thing I had been wanting to make was a "Reminder" board for the many students I will have this year.  My school does a mini middle school model and I will be teaching Language Arts to all of the 5th grade students during the rotations.  Due to having so many students, I wanted a quick way to communicate reminders to them with out having to use instruction time. Students will check the board when they are heading out the door, and I'm working on some type of color coordination for each class, so there reminder will be in the same color every day.  

This project was super easy and took hardly any time!  The washi tape and stickers were found at Michaels for under $3 dollars each (don't forget your Michaels coupon!) and the dry erase board was found at Target for $6. I just lined the white boarder of the board with the washi tape and put on the stickers for the "Reminders". I really love how it turned out, and hope it works well for students!



The next project I have been wanting to do with the washi tape was cover clothespins.  I wanted the students to fill out an "all about me" bunting  (Found on teacherspayteachers) and hang them on twine with these clothespins.  The clothespins come in a pack of 36 for $1!  I made 15 of each color, for a class set of 30.   I think these will be fun and add a little more color to our room!  I look forward to posting the finished project!


So far I am in love with washi tape and look forward to finding some more patterns.  The project possibilities seem endless, Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment